welcome to aws advent 2016
We’re pleased to announce that AWS Advent is returning.
What is the AWS Advent event? Many technology platforms have started a yearly tradition for the month of December revealing an article per day written and edited by volunteers in the style of an advent calendar, a special calendar used to count the days in anticipation of Christmas starting on December 1. The AWS Advent event explores everything around the Amazon Web Services platform.
Examples of past AWS articles:
Please explore the rest of this site for more examples of past topics.
There are a large number of AWS services, and many that have never been covered on AWS advent in previous years. We’re looking for articles that range in audience level from beginning to advanced from beginners to experts in AWS. Introductory, security, architecture, and design patterns with any of the AWS services are welcome topics.
Interested in being part of AWS Advent 2016?
Process for submission acceptance
- Interesting title
- Fresh point of view, unique, timely topic
- Points relevant and interesting to the topic
- Scope of the topic matches the intended audience
- Availability to pair with editor and other volunteers to polish up submission
People who have volunteered to evaluate submissions will start reviewing without identifying information about the individuals to focus on the content evaluation. AWS Advent editors Brandon Burton, and Jennifer Davis will evaluate the program for diversity We will pair folks up with available volunteers to do technical and copy editing.
Process for volunteer acceptance
- Blind submission review begins – October 24, 2016
- Authors and other volunteers rolling submissions start – October 26, 2016
- Submissions accepted until advent calendar complete.
- Rough drafts due – 12:00am November 21, 2016
- Final drafts due – 12:00am November 30, 2016
Please be aware that we are working on a code of conduct for participants of this event. To start, we are borrowing from the Chef Community Guidelines:
- Be welcoming, inclusive, friendly, and patient.
- Be considerate.
- Be respectful.
- Be professional.
- Be careful in the words that you choose.
- When we disagree, let’s all work together to understand why.
Thank you, and we look forward to a great AWS Advent in 2016!